Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.mommytruths.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mommy Truths: Real Mommy: Sneaking Books in on the Side

Mommy Truths

The Hard Learned Lessons and Eye Opening Realities of Raising Young Kids

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Real Mommy: Sneaking Books in on the Side

Welcome to the first in a new series of Real Mommy profiles. I always find it helpful to learn how other moms do it and that I'm not alone with little limbs at night or finding creative ways to sneak in some mommy time.

Margaret has 9 and 6 year old boys and 4 year old girl.

What time do your kids get up in the morning?
My daughter is up by 6am. My middle one I have to drag out of bed by 7 or 7:30 for school.

Did any sleep with you last night?
Of course. I hate it but can't seem to put my foot down because I know it won't last forever and I will someday miss their warm little bodies next to me (okay, secretly I do love it). Probably won't miss their little elbows and knees though.

What do you feed your kids when you can't come up with anything else?
Chicken nuggets...only organic though because that makes them so much healthier, ha! Sometimes breakfast for dinner which is always a hit.

What do they love most in their lunchbox?
The food they buy from the snack bar.

If you have a short break, what's the first thing you do for the house?
Vacuum. I am obsessed with vacuuming.

For yourself?
Read, but I always feel guilty doing it. I also run a lot - always alone with great music on my ipod. It's when I solve all the world's problems.

What's the weirdest way you ever managed a break for yourself?
I hire a babysitter for my youngest two while I take my oldest to hockey practice. Not so much so I can watch, but so I can sit in the waiting room and read.

When was the last time you went out with your husband?
Do parent/teacher conferences count?

When was the last time you went out with the girls?
A few months ago for drinks and dinner...don't get out too much these days...

What's your latest charitable act?
I donate my bag credits at Whole Foods. Does that count?

How much TV do your kids really watch?
They don't watch much TV but they log a lot of hours on the Wii.

Do you care?
Yeah, I do...I can't stand to watch them veg-out but I give in a lot especially when my husband is traveling.

What's your favorite TV show?
New Adventures of Old Christine, hysterical!

Do you think about going back to work? What would you do?
I definitely do not want to go back to work. It is really important to me to be there for my kids volunteering in their classrooms, being room mom, being at all their practices. I wouldn't miss a second of it. I think it is the most important job in the world!

What item can't you live without?
My cell phone.

What do you covet?
A quiet morning with a cup of coffee, a good book and sleeping children. But I don't want to get up at 5am to have it!

What do you want your kids to remember most about their childhood?
That we laughed a lot, that they were adored and accepted for exactly who they were and that I was always there for them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home